ALTANA Acquires Overprint Varnish Specialist Schmid Rhyner AG
• Strategic expansion of ALTANA’s ACTEGA division
• Acquisition includes production, research, and development in Switzerland and a subsidiary in the U.S. with a total of around 80 employees
ELANTAS PDG, Inc. Celebrates 100 Year Heritage of Innovation (1919-2019)
St. Louis, MO, October 16, 2019 – ELANTAS PDG, Inc. (EPDG), formerly known as The P.D. George Co., is celebrating its 100th Anniversary on November 19, 2019.
ALTANA takes over business of Office Color Science Company, enters Software as a Service domain
• Includes all technology and products
• Will be incorporated into the Instruments Business Line of ALTANA’s BYK division
• Strengthens position as technology leader in instrumentation solutions with refinish color matching and formulation software for automotive OEM
Stephen King Joins ELANTAS PDG, Inc. as an Area Sales Manager
ELANTAS PDG, Inc. (EPDG) is pleased to announce Stephen King has joined the company as an Area Sales Manager. King will be responsible for the Upper Midwest territory previously serviced by recent retiree Mike Orcutt.
Half-year results: ALTANA below the strong level of the previous year in a challenging environment
• Strong investments in research and development, digitalization, and locations worldwide
• Sales decline by 4 percent to 1,154 million euros
• EBITDA margin reaches 19.2 percent
• Forecast for the year as a whole: sales roughly at previous year's level
Student Team from Lingen Receives the 2019 ALTANA Special Prize in Chemistry for its Sustainable Business Idea
• “Jugend gründet” nationwide final on June 24 and 25, 2019, at the Porsche Training Center in Stuttgart
• The prize: a trip to one of the largest research and development sites of the specialty chemicals company ALTANA in the U.S.
Mark Winkeler Presented with Award of Excellence
ELANTAS PDG, Inc. (EPDG) is pleased to announce Mark Winkeler, Manager of Application Technology, waspresented with the Award of Excellenceat the ASTM International Committee D09 110thAnniversary dinner in Denver, CO on Wednesday, April 3rd.
ALTANA Division BYK Opens New Site in Shanghai
• Specialty chemicals company expanding its presence in Asia through biggest single investment in China so far
• New integrated site to better serve needs of customers locally
2018 Results: ALTANA Remains on the Growth Path in an Increasingly Challenging Environment
• Sales increase by 3 percent to €2,307 million
• EBITDA reaches €431 million
• Research and development expenditure increases by 8 percent